View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 10:27 PM   #4
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDigital View Post
I dont know man...I drive like an idiot...maybe thats the key!
HAHAHAHA!!!

I was thinking the same thing Seriously though, It depends on how the car has been cared for. Did you happen to get any of the maintenance records with the car when you purchased it? A car that's been properly maintained can give you a good 300k+ miles while the same car if poorly maintained can break down before it reaches 100k miles. Personally, If I didn't know the history of the car, I'd start by inspecting and possibly replacing the common wear items such as hoses, belts and bushings. The first thing that comes to mind is the cooling system. Our cars have been know to have cooling system problems after about 130k miles. Particularly the two plastic coolant fittings and the radiator. These things have all been known to crack, leak coolant and cause your car to overheat. If the temp goes to the red for more than a minute, this usually means game over for your headgasket and a very expensive repair bill. If the car has 178k miles and these parts haven't been replaced, it's a ticking timebomb.