View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 10:55 PM   #11
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredder
Heres my response in regards to the driveshaft question.

1. 318ti tranny use 318ti driveshaft
2. m3 tranny use m3 drive shaft
3. Mroadster tranny use mroadster driveshaft.

I bought J!M swap manual and from my recollection those were his instructions.
cool. are the LENGTHS of all the driveshafts what they need to be? that's one thing i wasn't sure about. i understand silver00spikes's comments regarding the bolt pattern at the diff end of the driveshaft, just wasn't positive on the lengths of the driveshafts. are the mroadster trans and the m3 trans any different? from what silver00spike said on the diff, the front mount is different between the m3 (6-bolt) and the m-roadster (4-bolt), but i would be surprised to learn that the transmissions are different. again, from what i recollect, the m3 trans is LONGER than the ti trans (and therefore the 325/328 trans as well), right?

keep in mind, i'm just trying to clarify this to the best of all our understandings for those who wish to do it in the future, i'm not actually going to do it myself this is certainly a much discussed topic and i applaud silver00spike for starting this thead!
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote