View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 05:38 PM   #6
BlackBMWs

Vehicles

Good reference to someone else's experiences in breaking and removing a fuse box.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...oving-Fuse-Box

I'm hoping I can see the Red/brn wire from the topside and recover it with a hookpick to avoid pulling the fuse bezel off at this point. I'm counting that there is enough slack with the bezel on to do this.

The hardest part in this is figuring out an easy method to tap into power for the behavior I want without creating other system issues.. I did spot where I could tap into the fuel relay which is outside the fuse box, but that would be plain dumb. I figure the rear defroster circuit would not impede engine management. When this works, I trust it will help someone else with less hassle moving forward. (Disclamer: proceed at you own risk. )

I will definitely have a cup of coffee before proceeding.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oops, Haha, Just saw your comment on the Fuel Pump relay John, No disrespect to you in my reference above. I figured I didn't want to chance impacting fuel management with Angel eye power. I have read your feedback to folks over these last couple of years and appreciate you'd take the time to comment here.

I like the idea of more specific information in the ETM. The Bentley dosent have wire gauge, so I assume based on the size of the circuit fuse what gauge it is, then confirm it when I am actually into the work. Luckly I'm not in a hurry, so I have the luxury of time to try to do it more right than wrong.

Angel eye behavior? Off unless key is in ignition on position. Then if ignition is on, the function in a DRL like fashion as well as being on when the parking lights or headlights are on, if that's what you mean.

I have my first cup of coffee in hand. My comprehension will hopefully increase in about 20 minutes.

1998 318ti Sport - "Cali" Schwartz II/Schwartz sport interior, Cali top
1998 318ti Sport - "Max" Schwartz II/Schwartz sport interior, S52
1997 318ti Sport - "Tiny" Schwartz II/Schwartz sport interior
1995 318ti Active - "Blanca" Alpineweib III/Schwartz leather interior

Other Current Bimmers: 2006 530i / 2000 2.3L Z3 / 1997 1.9L Z3 / 1999 540it

1997 318ti Sport - "Huera" - RIP
1995 318ti Active - RIP
1995 318ti Sport - "Tiny" Sold
1994 325i Sedan - "Jade" - Sold
1991 318ic - "Bert" - Sold
1985 635csi sold
1984 533i "Max" Sold
1984 318i sold

BMWCCA #160411

SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!

Last edited by BlackBMWs; 02-02-2014 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Correcting bad english and fixing goofy comments made while sleepy and decaffinated.
BlackBMWs is offline   Reply With Quote