View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 07:04 PM   #16
neild

**** update time****

Well things have not gone as planned last few weeks. Got home from the rigs, only thing holding me back with the car was the oil cooler fittings, had nothing but issues so replaced the Mocal Cooler I had previously bought and bought another.
Once that was in and car was ready to go for test skids to see how we were for clearance. Myself and a few of the lads from Duncan business park decided to have a Friday funday of skids at Driftland as it was also Jeeks birthday.
Pics of the car looking well multi coloured! I couldn’t find a way of fitting the car in to my shop for paint and best to try it for clearance first in case any damage to wings etc.

Out on the first laps car was great never been in a compact that felt so planted to the ground. SLR Ultra nothing but incredible is only words I can say. Small negative was when on full full lock it had a bit of wheel wobble only slightly(possibly down to the very wet conditions)
Due to it being so wet I was surprised how much grip I got, car was picking up speed on drift really well. It felt like a different car after all the work.
Didn’t like my seats Cobra Evolution S may be good seats but the wrap around was giving me sore shoulders trying to change gear. So not keeping them plus a few extra pounds on of late made them TIGHT!
Then total disaster struck!!
One of the lads that was there with us for the day was coming out for a few passenger runs but as he is building a similar compact said have a go yourself. Into his first lap and when on limiter car looked silly slow, Kyle could here something but couldn’t put his finger on it, so Kev was waved in. Gutted is an understatement, my decent spec s50b32 bottom end was knocking  just bad luck and defo not kevs fault.
So after wanting to put a wheel gun through the window and get the car out my sight it was chucked on the truck and back down to my unit. Then drank a large amount of beerrrrrr

Kyle from Chizfab is looking to inspect the damage later this month. In the meantime another engine would need to be sourced as I am entering the gfh street legal middle of May and my car was supposed to be ready in plenty of time,. Massive spanner in the works! I have picked up my old m50 engine which has not been used since I sold it so know its reliable. Quick engine swap at some point when I get back from offshore and will just have to enjoy the noise of the 2.5 rave limiter for the next few months till we see what to do about the 3.2
neild is offline   Reply With Quote