View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 06:37 AM   #1
Bluebimma

Default E36 Front suspension maintence: Must read!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3D10%26ps%3D63

I know there are a few of you on here needing to do some front suspension work but just cant justify spending so much money at one time, so i found a good solution to this problem. This kit will tighten up the front end and get rid of and slop and clunking of these specific parts....not associated with the strut assembly obviously. I purchased a set on the December 8, 2009 and recieved the package on December 10, 2009 with free shipping.

Kit is for:
LEFT CONTROL ARM WITH BALL JOINT (OE REFERENCE NUMBER 31121140957...List 117.00)

RIGHT CONTROL ARM WITH BALL JOINT (OE REFERENCE NUMBER 31121140958...List 117.00)

LEFT BMW TIE ROD ASSEMBLY COMPLETE (OE REFERENCE NUMBER 32111139315.. List 93.25)

RIGHT BMW TIE ROD ASSEMBLY COMPLETE (OE REFERENCE NUMBER 32111139316..List 93.25)

CONTROL ARM BUSHING KIT (OE REFERENCE NUMBER 31129059288...List 25.00)

FRONT LEFT SWAY BAR LINK 31351095764

FRONT RIGHT SWAY BAR LINK 31351095764

Seems as though these parts are made by a company by the name of Karlyn, which is german parts made in America i guess.

Karlyn's Profile
Karlyn Industries is a family owned business that was started by Mr. Hans Bierdumpfel in 1971. Hans was born and trained in Germany as an Engineer and emigrated to the U.S. in 1949. He held leading Engineering positions with such esteemed companies as Sonotone Corporation, formerly of Elmsford/Cold Springs, N.Y. and Wells Manufacturing, of Northvale N.J. before founding Karlyn Industries 33 years ago. The company started producing the first U.S. made VW Beetle Ball Joints and Tie Rod Ends, in Mount Vernon, N.Y. As a domestic manufacturer of Volkswagen suspension items, Karlyn created a customer base here in the United States that has been loyal for over thirty years. Today, Karlyn Industries has branched out into suspension items for Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Volvo, Saab and Honda, plus a High Performance line of Spark Plug Ignition Cable Sets for Asian, European & Domestic applications.

Karlyn Industries is recognized as a leading manufacturer of Ignition Cable Sets for the automotive aftermarket and as an Original Equipment Supplier. The company manufactures and packages wire sets under different labels, including their own brand-name, "S.T.I." (Spark Transfer International). Karlyn's Engineering/Research Department is headed by Mr. Karl Bierdumpfel, a graduate engineer from Stevens Institute of Technology, in Hoboken, N.J. Karl listened to the market which begged for a high-quality ignition cable set line that was also cost effective. While other wire set assemblers were becoming totally automated at the expense of high quality detail, Karlyn Industries increased the hand work portion of its operation to allow for the intricacies that are desired on certain ignition cable sets. This resulted in a mass appeal of Karlyn/STI ignition wire sets which is why they are the fastest growing wire set line today. In 2004, Mr. Karl Bierdumpfel assumed the role as President of Karlyn Industries Inc.

O.E. Type Connectors
Silicone over Silicone High Performance Cable
Tailored fit lengths
Precision Assembly
100% Testing
Fast Delivery
and Dedicated service to our customers,
has been Karlyn/STI's Ignition wire set line trademark

Karlyn is able to provide superior quality products that are competitively priced because of its close affiliation with several German companies.

One company in particular is BREMI, of Germany. Karlyn Industries and BREMI have established a successful working relationship that spans over 25 years, and they are very proud to be the only authorized representative of BREMI parts in the U.S.A. BREMI is an original equipment manufacturer on Ignition products for leading car manufacturers like AUDI, BMW, VOLKSWAGEN and a supplier to the automotive aftermarket. Karlyn carries a complete line of BREMI Distributor Caps, Rotors and Ignition Parts for U.S. distribution from its warehouse in Tuxedo NY.

The future of Karlyn Industries looks bright. With the addition of our new research & development building in Southfields N.Y. we are poised for continued growth with guaranteed quality products and dedicated customer service.

These parts look VERY good and spot on with their OE counterparts. I cant say that i have a complaint except for the fact that the control arms outer ball joints are the old school design rather than the updated versions that are solid and quite beefy. O well. If i were to put a mileage quote on these, 50k-75k would be my guess, as thats close to when OE ball joints start getting loose or torn. BTW, the bushings are SOLID CENTERED like the m3, non-offset (for changing caster with corresponding strut assembly and strut hat.

1998 Schwartz II sport 318ti - M50TUB25/5
Bluebimma is offline   Reply With Quote