View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 03:54 AM   #14
jca

Biloxi Guy,

I take it that you are active duty Air Force and stationed at Keesler, right? I retired from Sheppard in 2006; was stationed here three times, two by design. I like the non-enthusiast ti for some of the same reasons mentioned above. I also happen to think that the average ti enthusiast drives his car hard, and that kind of car I shy away from. I'm also a fan of base models which if owned by an older non-enthusiast is almost sure never to have been abused. I continue to look at the ti ads just for fun and the few pristine examples out there are usually base or active models, not sports. I wouldn't buy a ti with much over 100,000 miles on the odometer. You can find them, but you have to watch and wait and then be prepared to get on a plane and go get the car. That's what I did anyway, and I had a ball doing it. I'm sure that your daughter will love getting a ti. They're fun cars, but they are not reliable if not well maintained. Good luck finding a nice one, and have a great Air Force day was we used to say.
jca is offline   Reply With Quote