View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 12:48 AM   #5
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

In all fairness and to remain completely honest, I DIDN'T disarm mine either when swapping them Truth is, I didn't even know about this feature until MacUser mentioned it to me via PM. I looked in the Bentley and found the information addressing the procedure which pretty much follows pelican's guide.

In a failed attempt, I tried to verify by checking my own receptacles(which happen to be the newer pyrotechnic style) as well as an older mechanical style tensioner that I once had laying around my garage. Unfortunately, it seems that I either misplaced the mechanical style tensioner or perhaps tossed it. On my pyrotechnic tensioners, I was unable to locate the "orange connector" that the Bentley says to "remove".

Despite not being able to find such features on my own equipment, I still went back and added warnings to my previous posts for the sake of others. To avoid injury, if your seat belt receptacles don't have the auto-locking mechanism arm/disarm feature, I suggest handling them very carefully, once removed, from the bottom of the unit and not the buckle assembly or flexible stem. I've never seen one of these actually fire, but I'd imagine that something with a pyrotechnic charge would not feel pleasant if it were to go off in your hands.

cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote