View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 01:37 AM   #37
hotmilk400

I could do it with "real nylon" and make a 1 to 1 copy of the original gear with the material, but it would cost me about $2k to start up, maybe $3k. I would need to do a pre-order to raise the money. The cost would roughly be:

50 People: $40 for a set of two
100 People: $20 for a set
500 People: $4 for a set.
1000 people: $2 a set.

You get the idea. I would do it for "free" for the pre-orders since I would make money later selling them on eBay / Amazon, but I would need people to back it up front first before I went forward. If people show enough interest, I would try it. I know I could sell a few but maybe not 50 at $40 so I do not want to take the risk. I am also financially drained at the moment.

Let me know if you guys are serious and want to do it. At this moment, it is really up to everyone to show me a demand that exceeds 50 people willing to spend $40. haha

I would consider getting my friends company (he is the owner) to injection mold these (in the USA of course!) I could also set up a kickstarter so that if it fails, no one pays for anything. If it hits the goal, everyone gets charged and gets a gear. I would need everyone to promote it since otherwise no one will see it. haha

We are switching our company's plastic products to his company to be made. I have a close enough business relationship with him to get him to do a small production run on a weekend. We also got him a few a new client, so he owes me.

Anyway, yeah, about 2k is a road block. Might even be $3K, i would need to send the engineer the designs for a quote and talk to them about it.

Green Your Decor with the Aspect! Shop for the Grow Light Used by Interior Designers, Growers & People Like You!
hotmilk400 is offline   Reply With Quote