View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 03:59 AM   #19
Projectvoltron

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertri View Post
I had to read the wire diagrams, wiring is not my strong point either, lol. No pictures unfortunately, I had to get it done quickly so my car would pass inspection. When I finally have a need to pull the engine apart I'm probably going to install a manual M52 wiring harness, it bothers me to have the auto trans stuff just hanging around in there.

In the wiring harness X20 connector, I had to add pin 10, that is the signal to the reverse light plug. And then in the plastic box of wires that sits over the engine, there is a junction in there that I spliced the power wire for the reverse light switch into. If you trace pin 22 from the X20 to the plastic box, that is what I spliced into.

No you don't need the TCU, that and the associated wiring just gets ignored.
So I am balls deep in the swap right now and I am a little confused on what to do with the reverse light. from what I understand this is what I need to do.
Cut the 2 plug connector off either the Auto harness or the old M44 manual harness. Run one wire from pin 10 on the x20 and run the other wire from the box above the engine and connect it to the wire that comes off of pin 22 of the x20

Please let me know if I am wrong.

Also I ran into another problem. What do I do with the x69 Connector off the auto harness. My 318ti Doesn't have a X69 connector. It only has the x20 and the x6031 connector. If someone could help me out with that I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you
Projectvoltron is offline   Reply With Quote