View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 04:53 AM   #8
gneus

Unhappy OBD 1 code 1222 problem

I had some troubles with my car lately. When I start it I have to keep manually the revs up otherwise the engine goes into very low rpms and tend to shut off. Also there was the problem with irregular idling, but only when cold and put on Drive. During P, N or Reverse there is no idling issues at all.

I was told to check Air Mass/Volume Sensor, which I did today and the things got even worse. I removed the Air Mass/Volume Sensor, checked it, cleaned it with a rag carefully even it wasn't bad at all and put it back.

I went to try the car. It ran very good for a minute or 2 and after that it died on me while driving. This have never happened before. I waited few minutes and started it. This time I had shaking, smoking(from the exhaust) and very bad idling even on N and P. The engine was in good working temperature.
OBD indicates code 1222, some say is Lambda Control, which has something to do with the O2 sensors.
I don't know what to do any more. If it is o2 sensor how come I didn't get code 1221. What else can be the cause. I am confused and I'm getting desperate.
I need some help narrowing down the possible causes.

1995 318ti m42
Thankx
gneus is offline   Reply With Quote