View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 10:18 PM   #154
bmwme

I mean where is the twist connector. Don't think mine has one. It's just wires in and out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncledavid View Post
You sound a little puzzled, your first word was Where ? Taking the puzzle apart. I am sure a lot of us have used the thread by CirrusSR22 to get pics of the tear down. Before I forget, do label all the connectors of the squid as suggested by my fellow club member. Keep stepping back and see what looks like it could be removed next. You will have to feel your way around some components to detect another bolt or wire that needs to be removed in the process of disassembly. (get a headlamp buddy) I failed to mention that you have to remove the fan housing and the radiator to accommodate you to stand inside the engine compartment. If you cannot don't worry, just your back may get a little sore. Lift the part out gently to make sure you have all the connectors undone. Once the squid is out, the dissasembly speeds up. Replace all your hoses and both plastic fittings. Good time to change the water pump as well. I recommend the pump with the composite material impeller. Also change your belts and idler pulleys. Keep checking back for support and attach a low resolution digital picture. It helps us to help you. Have fun !!
bmwme is offline   Reply With Quote