View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 12:20 AM   #4
Beemernut

Vehicles
Default UPDATE: perplexed. Click no start.

Got my fixed alternator back, installed it again, started the car, alternator not charging. Hmm. I previously trickle charged the battery while I was waiting by the way. Then I try restarting the car for an alternator test via our battery tool at the shop, and click. Nothing. Yes I hooked up the two wires.
Hook up the jump pack, nothing. So I start looking for bad ground straps as a possible as we have a no crank in addition to a no charge condition. Behold, I cannot find a single ground strap underneath the car whatsoever.

I think that 1) I should have a ground strap from the PS pump bracket the driver's side mount arm and 2) I should have a ground strap from the engine to the passenger's side mount arm and there is no trace of either of them. Don't know how the car ever ran in this state. I have jumpered a pair of alligator clips in several sensible (?) locations and I still can't get it to crank.

Does anyone have a PICTURE of their ground straps from engine to chassis? I have searched heaven and earth to get a visual on the ground straps and I find nothing. Is there a specific place I can jumper things to test if this is my actual problem? This thing has been a major basket case in these two weeks of ownership compared to my e28

Thanks in advance.
Beemernut is offline   Reply With Quote