View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 02:50 PM   #12
Bluebimma

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxmotorhead View Post
As far as I know, it was a programming option with the dealer installed security system. You have to pay the dealer to turn it on, and I think it only works with EWS cars.

All I do is hit the lock button once, it beeps hit it again and it beeps 2 times, and once I do that I also can't open the gas filler door, and the interior door handles won't open the doors, and the alarm arms and starts the little LED flashing. If I hit the button 1 more time it chirps 3 times and unlocks the car.

Dave

All E36s had this function, thats a running joke on bf.c....to lock friends in your car. No matter if you have an alarm, when the doors are locked, the gas door locks. As far as activating it by the dealership, ive heard of this, also a few other codes they could program, such as door lock on ignition, window and roof close with key fob, and a few others.

To the OP, sounds like your original owner had a few thing programmed into the car, as e36s shouldnt lock doors on start up unless you have some major shorting going on in your car. The E36 is "supposed" to be anti-lock your keys in the car, yet people manage to do it, and this feature sounds like INSTANT lock your keys in the car if it locks on ignition. You may be able to contact your nearest BMWNA Dealership and see what was programmed into it, if anything, and possibly have it removed if you dont like it.

1998 Schwartz II sport 318ti - M50TUB25/5
Bluebimma is offline   Reply With Quote