View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #11
BimmerBum

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1602 View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about that. The 325ci in my opinion, having driven both cars, has a better suspension than the 318ti and coupled with the fact that its got a better power to weight ratio and a 0-60 time thats almost 2 seconds faster than the 318ti, I would have to say my son definitely has the better car for the autocross. It might not be a huge advantage but i definitely think either of us would be faster in the 325ci as opposed to the 318ti. I really believe its going to come down to our skills as drivers to see who will be faster.
I am quite sure about it, I have seen it play out dozens of times! 0-60 times mean little at an autocross. Having a shorter wheel base and a 400 lbs weight advantage does mean something. The tighter the course the farther ahead the ti will be.

SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!

www.BimmerBum.com ALL NEW!
318ti Specific Parts For Sale
www.facebook.com/BimmerBum

BMWCCA #132203
95 318ti Club Sport
98 318ti Active S50 Swap

BimmerBum is offline   Reply With Quote