View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 04:27 AM   #307
Outrider

Default 1998 Active with Individual Sunroof

Just picked up a 5MT, Arctic Silver 1998 Ti with the active package and the large fabric sunroof. Nothing else special about the car. The paint is in decent shape and the interior is great for a 19 year old car--especially one with just over 152K on the odometer.

I'm the third owner. The PO bought it in 2001 as a CPO. He had a hard time letting it go. I now know why.

I found the car on a random Craigslist search. The car was still in the same time zone, but some 600 miles and a few states away. I flew to the car and then drove it back home.

The big pluses for me were the good paint, clean leather interior, and the fabric roof. I also liked the upgraded components that come on the 98s & 99s.

I had my "new" Ti up on a lift today. As expected, it has plenty of need for suspension, brake, and drivetrain work. Lucky for me that my son is very handy with these tasks. Sadly, I'm more likely to be his helper than the other way around. Luckily again, he likes to work on cars and he's currently in the process of turning an E30 into a track car. So an E36 is right up his alley.

I will have to do some major refreshing before the car will pass it's VA safety inspection. Sounds like a good reason to start a new thread!

Last edited by Outrider; 01-02-2019 at 02:39 AM.
Outrider is offline   Reply With Quote