View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
J!m

Vehicles

This looks encouraging!

With you "lobotomised" DME, how is the behavior at the under dash OBD port?

I ask on behalf of those considering this who may have to undergo state emission testing.

If you can can effectively remove all these system checks without causing errors, it is a commendable accomplishment. However, if your changes exclude receiving a can bus error when one occurs (for example) the long term serviceability of the mods may not be so great. An error would cause full DME replacement and reflash because the visibility (cause-affect) on the error seems compromised.

Making it work is great but long term serviceability and reliability are very important to someone like me who is not building a track rat...

If your DME mods are as nice as I hope them to be, I might be sending you a DME to work on.

Ps this might be a start of a new thread for what you are doing which is outside scope of the q&a thread for the E36 OBD-II swap manual I produce...

EDIT: I see you edited your post after my reply and confirmed your solution will not pass emission testing as I suspected. Thank you for editing your post to include that, as many potential swappers are not focused on that until they can't drive a car they invested thousands of dollars on due to emission test failure...

Order Swap Manuals Here => http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12912

WolferJ- gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.

Last edited by J!m; 03-23-2013 at 02:10 PM.
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote