View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 02:50 AM   #4
K2daalvin

Mine is the exact same as you posted. Also, with no luck starting. Have you sorted out the issue?
EWS deleted by reputable sources.
Originally 5 speed 1996 318ti chassis
M52tub28 99’ engine, x60004 plug, 12v battery wire, relay tray, DME all came from the same donor chassis.
Ms42 DME

Decently new battery installed with a charger attached on 2 amps Incase it was a low voltage issue was also ruled out.

Wired to diagram using original X20 pig tail, diagram and connections double checked for accuracy.

My 2 plugs are as pictured in this quoted reply as well.
Fuel pump relay wired using factory e36 power and ground distribution using pin 10 @ X60004 to activate key on.

I’m ASE certified and have been working as a R&R tech as well as a tech/fabricator in the aftermarket and performance industry for almost a decade. I’ve got FSM pin outs for the MS42 as well as X20 for the 96 318ti chassis to help aid in this conversion as well, can post if needed?

ANY help is appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesupe318 View Post
I know this is an old post but I'm having trouble getting my m52tub28 to start. I swapped the m52tu into my 318ti using your write-up. I have a ms42 dme and ews delete and it's a 5 speed. The 318ti was an auto Is there a chance I have a different wiring harness I don't have the 8 pin plug. Mine is a 2 plug connector one of the connectors have 2 pins one being black for starter and green and brown oil sensors I'm assuming. The other is the 4 pin plug just like you described. So if I had the motor on the floor and hooked up grounds and i wire the engine using your write up the motor should start? It was a running drive car before i pulled the motor. I've tried a few times at getting it running with no success. Is there anything im over looking and doing wrong? I've wired a few motors before and never had this much trouble but they were 1jz and 2jzs. Any helo would be awesome.

I attached pictures of the two plugs on my harness.
K2daalvin is offline   Reply With Quote