View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 12:50 AM   #10
Outrider

Default Folding Tops Not So Common

...but if you have one, be ready to fight leaks from old gaskets and, maybe, from clogged drain tubes.

I need to find my references, but IIRC, I think there are something like 500 of them in the US. If you’re going by rarity, the 98s and 99s would be the rarest, since so few Tis were sold in those years to begin with.

In my search for a Ti, I came across several folding top cars, but no California editions. I read somewhere that most folding roof Tis were produced for the U.S. were California editions. So I was surprised to find a 1998 Ti with a folding roof.

I have a theory that the least common Tis were the most likely to be saved. So folding tops may become relatively more common as the higher production versions get all used up.

I just put a new gasket on my roof. Though I suspect the original gasket was in the car, it looks like the cassette had been dropped before. There was some clear silicon scattered around the gasket. I’m hoping that fresh rubber will get the roof back to water tight.

Last edited by Outrider; 12-31-2018 at 01:09 AM.
Outrider is offline   Reply With Quote