View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 01:06 AM   #11
dahamler

Quote:
Originally Posted by budget76 View Post
IMO if you say the 8-10k you'll get for the cars isn't really needed money, I would keep them and build the apartment garage you're talking about. My father has thought about the same thing numerous times, but it would be another addition to our house because we don't have that kind of land. It's still a risk though, who knows how much real estate will recover its value.

Or I would sell the one I was less attached to, and keep the other. You and I both have seen many people sell there TI's then come back missing them. Just curious, what are the daily drivers, and why not DD one of the TI's? Hell, I know yours are way nicer, but mine's gotten 15k miles on it in a year and a half. I love it as a DD

I hope the cars are worth a bit more than that but I know swapped TIs never really sell for much. I just hate having a car that is built with only one purpose in mind and never utilizing it potential. My wife has a 325xi and I just bought a F-150, I'm driving her 332ti from Athens GA to Beaufort SC because it gets about 10 MPG better than the truck. Her car is much more streetable than mine, it has A/C a full interior nice stereo and a more forgiving suspension.

I got 26 MPG with a 3.73 diff on my last trip and I never had to downshift from 5th to pass. The problem is that 4 months from now won't be traveling as much (the truck world work fine as the daily) and I can't think of many situations where the entire family would cram into the TI for a Sunday drive.
I have been looking at the Mazdaspeed3 as a more suitable replacement but I really don't know what would be the best fit for the family.

You are certainly right about the housing market, but in 8 years I can retire from the Marine Corps so the house may be a keeper.

Last edited by dahamler; 02-26-2010 at 01:08 AM.
dahamler is offline   Reply With Quote