View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 02:27 AM   #7
bmwallday

my car is a 1996 (bought it at 90k and now 102k miles), much like that picture haha. it was leaking on all 4 corners. As a user on here said to use sealant to fix the leak and it did but only fixed the back corners.

The front are still leaking and I think it's probably due because of clogging in the waterways to go down to the wheel well. For now it only leaks a little when it rains hard, but i park on a hill which stops the leaking too.

I was thinking to clean up the sealant cuz I thought the fronts were due to the gasket but suspect its just clogged.

Only maintenance i did with the top is re-lubricate the rails, before the gears were struggling.. hoping it didn't damage that "gear" i keep seeing on this forum. With the new lubrication its sliding good with out the gears struggling.

I'm not sure what other maintenance is needed to the rooftop other than lubrication, which I'll need to recheck this weekend or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBMWs View Post
No worries, glad to help out. What year is your top? Are you doing any maintenance to it before installing the new seal?
bmwallday is offline   Reply With Quote