Thread: New seats!
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 11:55 PM   #1
RCV7

Vehicles
Default New seats!

Hey, guys
Just trying to put the finishing touches on my new 328ti. I’ve got the original grey cloth interior and it’s not very sexy not to mention my butt sliding around too much when cornering. My type of driving is spirited daily & auto-x. I’d like to upgrade my seats and color of interior (dash & panels) to black. I really like the look and feel of the e46 M3 sports seats in either blk lthr or blk clth & lthr. If I find a pair of these, I’d just eventually find a ti rear seat in black leather. I really don’t think I need proper racing seats because I won’t see track time for a while not to mention the comfort factor. In searching around I found a lot of JDM seats on Ebay in many different colors and styles as well as the Recaro, Bride and Sparco “Replicas”.
My questions are:
1. Has anyone had any success fitting e46 sport seats in our ti’s? Do our ti’s have the same seat dimensions as other e36’s? I did search here and found a few short threads but no install info. I did see cooljess76’s post about removing BOTH sensors before removing seats and how the holes need to be drilled out slightly bigger.
2. Has anyone purchased any of the JDM or “Replica” Ebay seats?
3. Has anyone had success respraying the dash and plastic panels? Seems pretty straight forward and easy. I did find this how to video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD1Qq...eature=related

Thanks in advance