View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 05:20 PM   #5
6cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jca View Post
Don't be afraid of hopping on a plane and driving the right car back home. It sounds like you and your dad have plenty of car savvy to determine the condition of a car by using pics and conversation with the seller. I have done that successfully on three occasions. Good luck and keep us up to date on your search. John
Thanks. Yeah I have been looking nation wide. Flights are super cheap right now. I have had a few that were close to what I am looking for but had bad Carfax's. I have been tempted on numerous occasions to ignore that and buy anyways but I've had bad experiences buying cars with reconstructed titles. I also have a limited budget so I am not looking for the cleanest or lowest mile example.

My current criteria:
- Must:
- - Manual
- - Less than 240k miles
- - No rust

- Ideally:
- - Sport seats
- - Heated seats
- - M bumpers
- - dark color interior
- - not a swapped car
- - '96-'99
- - $2,500 or less (I can go higher but am trying to keep it under that amount if possible)
- - Owned by BMW enthusiast

I am running nation wide craigslist searches, have alerts set on ebay, have joined several forums, checking BMWCCA classifieds regularly, checking the bimmer forums Panjo classifides. Am I missing any places? Where else can I look?
6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote