View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #1
jtbeemer

Default DDMTuning HID lo-beams won't turn on?

Hey Guys long time no see.

I ordered this http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/E3...D-Kit-included and finally got it yesterday from them.

I've read a lot of bad stuff on Bimmerforums last night about DDM but I personally like the look and feel of what they sent me. Moving on....

My problem is I was unable to get the lo-beams to come on after installation, at all. I have fog lights that work, when you go to Hi-beams the fogs go out like they should. But the lo-beams never come on.

The kit comes with wiring for the angel eyes which I didn't get so instead of splicing wires I just taped that wire off. Was that a mistake? Does that wire have anything to do with the proper functioning of the lo-beams? (I can't imagine why it would.)

I checked the polarity of the the lo-beams as it suggested on the DDM site, but that caused me to blow a fuse (i think, it was dark) when I put on the hi-beams. I'm also slightly confused by the instructions and wiring not matching the .pdf for installation. It says run the power from hi-beams into their plug and play adapter. But for the lo-beams it says plug into the ballast --- the problem is the wiring for the lo-beams comes out of the same wiring bundle/harness as the hi-beams, and doesn't connect to the ballast. The only thing running to the ballast are the AMP connectors.

I guess my question is, what the heck am I missing? I'm heading out to buy some fuses and I have an email into DDM looking for answers too but I've always found good advice here. There was no information on the DDM support page concerning the fog lights either, so maybe I'm way off wondering about them?

Thanks in advance.
jtbeemer is offline   Reply With Quote