View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 11:58 PM   #2
ArcticFlow

You should have bought a European Front plate bracket with your plate from BavAuto. Like your U.S. Spec bracket holds a standard plate size, a Euro bracket is longer and slimmer and only a euro plate will fit it (its a direct replacement from the U.S. bracket, and is mounted by simply popping out the old U.S. bracket with a flat blade screw driver and pulling it off, the Euro bracket will snap in the way the U.S. bracket popped out, its very very simple and easy). The universal mounting bracket you got with the plate screws to the Euro mounting bracket that snaps into your bumper. The mounting holes in the universal bracket you got with the plate wont line up very well with the Euro replacement bracket, i don't really know why that is, but its a little off and only the upper and outter-most holes in the universal bracket will even line up correctly, however, it will mount about a 1/8 inch higher than it should, bending the very top portion of the universal bracket just slightly. After you've installed both the euro plate bracket and the universal holder, there are 4 clips at the very bottom of the universal holder that you simply push in with a screw driver and after they are all pushed in, the front face of teh universal holer should fold out and up, then just slide the Euro plate in the 4 sets of tiny holders in the bracket, then fold the face of the bracet down, and snap it into place. It seems like a lot b/c I included a lot of detail to make sure u dont get confused, but its very simple and will only take you about 5 min to do it, it took me longer b/c I couldnt find how the holes lined up right in order to screw the plate holder into the plate bracket. Good Luck, and order you a Euro Plate Bracket from BavAuto, it will be in the same section where you bought the plate, retails for about $20.
ArcticFlow is offline   Reply With Quote