View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 04:36 PM   #6
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Thank you! This is exactly the kind of comment I was looking for! Can anyone else comment? If it's not setup correctly, I will get it fixed. The problem is that I don't know anything about these numbers, so I couldn't say it was good or bad when I picked the car up. I'm sure Firestone would be willing to work with me, as long as I gave them some numbers to shot for.

Thanks again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredTi
Dusten:

The Before numbers are irrelevant, as you know. The After numbers are interesting. I will only comment on the front (I don’t have much experience with rear alignment yet.)

I normally run the same camber on the left and right sides. Wont more negative camber left than right cause a little ‘pulling’ to the right? Maybe that’s what you want.

Your caster looks fine. I do my own alignments and I have never measured mine. I wouldn’t think that the slight variation in caster left to right is a problem.

‘Specified’ toe is toe-in. So you have 0.29” toe-in. That’s a lot of toe in. Too much, I think. I would normally run Zero toe, but I have more negative camber (I have about -2.5° each side.) I would think that you would want 0.125 total toe in at the most. 0.06 or so would be my preference for your set-up. Otherwise, expect premature front tire wear.

These are my thoughts, for what they’re worth.

Steven Park
Burlington Ontario CANADA

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote