View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 03:33 AM   #5
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by robcarync View Post
the cosmo pipe is 3 inches in diameter....just so you know.

yeah its long....click on the pictures towards the end to see the intake....the rest is mainly for how to do it if you want to
yea i know its 3 inches. It fits right into the new MAF. Im just saying though, starting from where the MAF goes, i hardly have room from there (in engine bay). So i either have to cut the longer one smaller or something. I need and i cant find, the smaller piece of the intake where i can put that sensor inside. Thats the part i want the most. Maybe ill just use the small elbow tube with that thing sticking out of it for the sensor, and an air filter from there. But if i do want to run it long, the longer tube will have to be cut a little smaller. Ill figure that out when i send out my ECU. Or maybe i will remove the small elbow that was provided by DASC and shorten that just a little. Another thing is that i will not be using the check valve (or the pipe that goes from the injectors to the intake) anymore, so i dont know where to seal the whole where that tube would go through, or just take that off completely. But The thing im confused is how to modify that so the 3inch will fit because the throttle body isnt a 3 inch opening where i can just adapt the MAF from there.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote