View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 04:16 AM   #11
Strawman

As shown in the picture, I had a small setback today on the car's first voyage more than a few miles from home. The car ran great the whole way to Arroyo Grande today from SLO (about 25 miles) -- engine temp perfect, no hiccups or flat spots, and the car pulled very hard through the backroad twisties.

I parked the car, set the alarm and parked it for about 15 minutes. When I came back, I hit the disarm button and was greeted with a series of dying alarm beeps. When I turned the ignition, the dash lights illuminated, quickly dimmed and then everything went dead. A good Samaritan helped me try to jumpstart it, but I got zippo. Ended up calling Roadside Assistance and had the car towed back to my house.

After a quick investigation, the problem was a failure somewhere in the battery cable between the rear cargo area and the engine bay. As noted above, I ran the factory 328i cable in my ti. I'll remove the passenger seat, pull up the carpet to see what happened, and provide a post-mortem report on the cable failure later this week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	Car towed from AG, 20-Aug-2013.JPG Views:	513 Size:	142.6 KB ID:	14249  
Strawman is offline   Reply With Quote