View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #66
mohaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxJohnBoyxxx View Post
I would say the gauge is not accurate. Maybe a exhaut leak or it needs to be calibrated per instructions. They doo need a claibration every 3-6 months. Lambda like idle and crusing should always be 14.7 and floating around there so I'm pretty sure your gauge is off
Yeah, I would agree with this. Definitely pull the wideband O2 sensor from the bung and power up the sensor so that it comes up to full heat. You'll want it inopen air with no possibility that exhaust gas could be building up around you, even in small amounts.

It should read 20.9 in open air with no exhaust fumes around. Follow the instructions to get into the calibration menu and begin the calibration.

Another easy way to check the calibration is to get the car close to redline and then let off the gas, but do not disengage the transmission. When the car is decelerating it is not putting gas into the cylinders and you should see your AFR readings go to 20.9. There are actually instructions out on the web about calibrating the sensor while driving the car for cars that cut fuel when decelerating. Mine is reading 21.3 right now on decel so time to calibrate it again. For cars that are tracked, the advice from innovate is to do it after every track event.

If it is not a calibration issue, I would start troubleshooting by checking your fuel pressure at the pump and at the rail. Could be a faulty fuel pump.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote