View Single Post
Old 06-28-2001, 04:37 AM   #7
Ray Pruitt

Sleeper,
You say you're still using the stock clutch huh? You haven't had any trouble with clutch slip when you get all over it? Does your car have ASC+T? Mine does. The ASC is switchable however, I don't think it totally disengages when switched off. That is what was making me think my clutch was no good. In the past couple of weeks I've been getting an intermittent ASC light (total system failure) under normal driving. It will come on and stay on until I turn off the car and restart it. When the light comes on the ASC is totally disengaged and I can make the car spin the tires and drive hard all the way through the gears with no clutch slip. So for now my search for a clutch is off and if I don't have any more problems I'll just replace it with stock when needed.
On the subject of the ASC, does anyone know anything about it or what may be causing the failure. I have to admit it's fun to drive without it in good weather. Unfortunately, here in Germany I'm going to need it this fall and winter just to keep myself in the pavement. Peace
Ray
Ray Pruitt is offline   Reply With Quote