View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 01:40 PM   #3
Beemernut

Vehicles

Well, after replacing the radiator I test drove it again. Leaking at the lower rad hose. Repositioned the clamp, stopped that leak, test drove again. Now it's leaking like crazy from the back of the motor from I think the infamous heater hose fitting. Which is stupid because the guy I bought it from told me he'd replaced that one in particular. Now I'm facing the question: what's next? I know, I know, it's a $15 part, it can be done, but where is it going to leak next? This car was not maintained very well at all. The only things really going for it as a Ti in particular is being under 200k and having those sweet glass headlights with the low beams converted to HID. I have rust issues on the rockers and wheel arches, possibly an ongoing oil leak, something throwing a CEL, the fact that it's sitting on garbage Ebay coilovers that rattle with every bump in the road, etc, etc. I owned an e46 330i for 3 years and it never gave me this constant level of trouble. And I bought it for $900! And my current e28 of two years ($1200) only forced me to call a wrecker when my shoddy o2 sensor job came apart. Bottom line: how much more should I fix before deciding to throw in the towel and get something else? E30 perhaps?
Beemernut is offline   Reply With Quote