View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 09:05 AM   #1
Bwwaaaa

Default ZF Swap with M44

So before the inevitable "Why would you do that?" it really boils down to a timing thing. The car will be getting an S52 later this year, but I'm not really quite there yet.

I'm in need of a new driveshaft, but the opportunity came up to buy a ZF transmission, with the driveshaft and everything needed to drop it into a ti. The car it is coming out of has an M52 I believe, but I need to use this setup with the M44 until I'm ready to swap later this year. I was wondering if there was anything I need to keep in mind to make this swap work, or should it all just bolt up and work as is? My understanding is I'll be getting the transmission, shift linkage, clutch, brace and driveshaft. But I don't know if there are any other specific parts I should buy for this swap to work with the M44.

While I could just get another stock driveshaft, I feel like it's a waste given I'll be swapping later this year. So if I can make the ZF transmission and driveshaft work for a few months (mainly to last a trip out to California) I'd much prefer to go that route.

Thanks!

@speedlimitless
1998 318ti Build
Bwwaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote