View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 09:49 PM   #10
96cali

Actually that .1 inches of snow turned into .1 inches of sheet ice for much of the morning commute last Thursday. Took me 2 hours to drive the 16 miles to my daughters school (normally 22 minutes on a good day). I saw 2 uphill freeway exits blocked by semis and SUVs that could not get up a shallow grade. I saw a lady almost plow into a semi that was creeping down an on ramp because she was going 20mph. From what I can tell Cincinnati drivers suck in the winter- they were all over the place like winter just caught them off guard. That is more of what I'm concerned with to tell you the truth.

FWIW I grew up in Wisconsin, college in Cincinnati, moved to Minneapolis, then Cleveland, then Cincinnati again 3mos ago. I got my winter driving merit badge long ago but I also have a 3 yo child to safeguard too. Just have never driven an S52 and the pressure is on from the wife to "love it if you buy it".

The good news is that 2 hour commute made me find a fast 2 lane road with lots of twisties that is only 1 mile longer than the highway route. Almost makes me want to take her to school now.

Funny ending to that morning: we're finally in normal traffic at a stoplight when a gray Toyota Yaris pulls up next to me and I think to myself "heh, that's a funny looking car, heh". Not 5 seconds later my 3 y.o. daughter busts out laughing and "What dat cawr?!? Dat funny daddy!!" I told her it was a Yaris. Then she wanted to know the names of all the other cars around us. I'm so proud.

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote