Thread: ews question
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #6
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I am transplating an S52 motor off a 97 M3 into an 96 318ti.
I know they both have EWS. I was told to transfer over the EWS module.
My question is in the details. How much wiring am I transfering? Do I just keep the body wiring and tranfer the EWS module which will plug into the ti harness? When I transfer the engine harness with the S52 motor, will it all plug in to existing connectors on the ti? And how do I deal with the key? Do I replace the ignition switch too? I am sorry about the flood of questions and I did not mean to hijack the thread but I would appreciate any help you can provide.

I am also interested in the e30 question as I may transplant the M44 motor into my E30 318is and supercharge it.
I'm not fimilar with wiring on a transplant. You would want the key cylinder to fit the key with the matching chip for the EWS module. Transfer the Key, Module and DME as one complete kit and it will all match. I'm pretty sure they are all the same connectors plugs for the EWS system from car to car. Yours should be a EWS II system on both cars so there should be an antenna on both and they are interchangable so either one will work. Hope this helps
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote