View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 03:45 AM   #156
weste46

I'm doing this change now. I unplugged all the wires underneath the lower intake manifold last week, and was held up until now to get back to putting everything together. Now I'm not completely sure that I know where all the wires go (specifically the wires that go on studs to the starter/alternator locations). Does anyone have some pictures that would help me see where these wires go?

I tried to use a Febi/Bilstein part for the larger tube below the intake manifold and it didn't line up, as suggested by someone earlier in this thread. I picked up a genuine BMW one from the dealership, will report if it fits properly.

I also had an issue with debris falling onto my valves (and possibly into the open cylinder #4) when I removed the intake manifold... I'm going to do my best to clean everything up, but I wish I pressure-washed the engine before removing the manifold. Even if I did, a lot of carbon buildup flaked off and fell in so I would have had to clean either way.
Our 318ti just clocked 100k miles and seems to be in very good health, so I want to give it the best chance it has at seeing 200k. That's why I'm changing these pipes now!
weste46 is offline   Reply With Quote