View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 01:20 AM   #1
lpcapital

Default I'm still alive...

I know I haven't been posting here in a while but got too many non car related things going on that I have no time to do anything... My 1.9 is now at half service: motor mounts are shot & the stupid idlers from DA keep on going, so I get to drive the 2.8... This weekend I should settle some things and have some free time to play soon.

Here's what's on the list:
1) Replace engine & tranny mounts with IE urethane: these should last...
2) Retrofit S52 idlers or custom aluminum idler with better bearing than Fenner Drives Chinese crap...
3) I've got a set of midpipes sitting in my garage with no cat. It's just a matter of fitting a pipe where the cat was and bolt it up. Basically remove all the cat backpressure. I've also found a trick to foul the post-cat O2 sensor which involves a diode (apparently the "spark plug anti-foul" trick works only if there's some cat, but not if there's no cat at all... the diode takes care of it)

Stay tuned...

Oh, and btw: my oil cooler project is done and over: works perfect!! Pushing the car real hards keeping up with an ///M coupe on the twisties and oil was at 220-230... I love it!!!

2003 Z4 2.5i
2002 Ducati Monster S4
lpcapital is offline   Reply With Quote