View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 03:07 AM   #60
anassa

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahamler View Post
Sorry, E36 M3. Yes the swap did effect the cornering but it's all correctable with the proper suspension, if I had to d it over I would have left the car stock for a few years to develop better basic car control skills.

If I were back in SOCAL I wouldn't the swap at all. Smog is too much of a hassle just get a E36 M3.
Hmmmm good food for thought. Sure the swap weight is correctable but I don't find it optimal, still has more weight on front tires for wear, and a good balanced car that can jump between corners fluidly is my goal (of course then ppl say just buy a miata or ae86 or such) but maybe I am over thinking things.

Swap just needs to be done cleanly with all smog stuff present and I don't mind doing that if I eventually swap, once ref'd it shouldn't be a problem, but yes it is just more work.

I did drive a e36 m3 pretty recently and it was definitely faster but nothing earth shattering, I like how the ti can be pushed pretty hard safely with just a bit of suspension (mostly due to lack of power I presume). That being said m44 is good for better mpg's as its my daily and I know its reliable while with a new car I would have to go through it all over again.

In all honesty, I have thought hard about switching to a e36 m3, I can deal with parts being a bit more expensive and paying more for gas but at this point the only main thing holding me back is I know exactly where the ti stand maintenance wise so it fills my needs perfectly as a daily.

***328ti Build thread. ***

Even more important:
SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!

Last edited by anassa; 02-27-2014 at 03:11 AM.
anassa is offline   Reply With Quote