View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 12:30 AM   #13
LanOsb133

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneWheelRacing View Post
Awesome write up LanOsb133. Doing a swap, I read and took a few notes. Thanks.

Two items 1) Any leads on a dressed Z3m rear subframe to buy? I'm investigating a diff swap but would rather bite the bullet and buy a complete sub-frame assembly with diff & M brakes already on it. 2) Whats the third plug shown in the picture attached to this reply? Its a '99 M harness I'm putting into our TI and IM baffled by it? Did your Z harness have three?
Im so sorry for the late reply! I never got an email that you replied to this and just saw it as I was linking this article elsewhere. No leads on a Z3M subframe thats gonna be a crapshoot trying to find one and just plain old luck! Any E30 med case diff will also work same as the 6cly Z3 diff. Ill be selling my Z3 diff sooner or later once I find the time to mount in my 2.79 diff.

I still dont know what that third plug is! Seems to be present on some cars and not on others. My 96 328i (manual) harness doesnt have it, my 96, 97 5spd and 97 auto all had the three plugs aswell. My swap only has two plugs and I still have a check engine light and ABS light. So maybe its something tied to or conencted to those? By 99m harness do you mean 99m3 or 99 Z3m? Im almost positive my Z3 had 3 plugs but I dont remember to be completely honest.

Again sorry it took me so long to reply I hope the swap went good
98 318ti Mtech w/ red millpoint
96 318ti California Edition Aqua Metallic w/ Z3 2.8 driveline
98 Z3 2.8 Violetrot Edition
LanOsb133 is offline   Reply With Quote