View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 01:54 AM   #908
Earl

Vehicles

I've been meaning to update this but photobucket is blocked at work.

I had a blockoff plate cut at work to fill the hole in the trunk from the spare tire (Don't mind the missing nut. The spare mechanism used to have a push pin in that spot. I have since ordered and installed a new nut, as well as siliconed the plate in place.)

I recleaned the floor boards and removed the handbrake. The car lays frame when aired out and the whole system ( besides the handle itself) was missing from the car ever since I bought it. I will make a blockoff plate for the console until I can make a locking hydraulic handbrake that appears original

Next up I ended up deciding what radiator I would run. I opted for the e36 radiator made by CSF. It will require some measuring to see what hoses work and such. The radiator is gorgeous and the quality is amazing.

I picked up some super rad Reboot Engineering radiator stays to rid of the flimsy, tricky, and ugly OE stays.

I also picked up new rubber isolators and 6 cylinder radiator brackets from the dealer.

Today I threw it in the car to mock it up and have it in place to extend the aux fan temp switch wiring perfectly.

I also finally found the part number for the rear splash guard nuts and threw them on temporarily.

The last thing I have been working on is finding horns that sound good and aren't obnoxious. Everyone seems to use Hella Supertones and I just hate the sound of them. I opted for Hella Sharptones. Unfortunately they're ugly as sin when you buy them but I fixed that quickly.

I was told that the hardware is garbage and corrodes quickly so the obvious choice was to replace them with stainless socket head hardware.

That brings us up to speed. I have a package enroute from Germany and some other little things here and there, so updates should be coming more frequently=)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurohb View Post
Im Jelly.. enough said.

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote