View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 04:21 AM   #2
robnhod

OK, the engine seemed to be running ok prior to loss of coolant, so I decided to put her back together since all the work was done and a majority of the parts were already ordered.
Two real questions unanswered. 1) Head gaskets (M42 & M44) are pretty much the same. Only difference is (3) little oil holes between the cylinders in the M44 block, (6) in the M42 head. Haven't really found out anything on what they go to, but hoping they are necessary for the springs,cams,...? Will use the M44 head gasket cause it will create a better seal over the holes. 2) I believe he M42 ? sensor is read of the exhaust cam while the m44 head uses the intake cam. I have the timing chain cover for the m44 and the sensing wheel was on the intake cam. Now, it is worth noting that I did notice some rough starts of the car in the past. The timing sprockets are slotted and are suppose to be bolted to the cams in the center of the slots. My intake sprocket was turned 1 tooth clockwise. Anyone know the sweet spot of the m44 sensor on m42 intake cam (if there is one).
Like I said, it was running prior, work was done, parts were ordered, and I could really use the car now.
I let you know how bad it turns out after the weekend. lol
robnhod is offline   Reply With Quote