View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 09:32 AM   #6
Ralliart10

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnhod View Post
Well, I put the car back together and the cooling system is working great with no leaks. It runs good when at speed but there seems to be a miss as the engine sputters a little at idle. I'm gonna go over everything to make sure a sensor isn't plugged in or a vac line isn't connected. Again, the car can be a little to rough start at times, but I'm sure that has to do with the camshaft sensor and the different locations on the m42 and m44 head.
One question I have has to do with the plastic coolant outlet flange (11531743679) on the back of the m44 head. I know the main line from this piece goes to the heater, but where does the secondary line go. The m42 head doesn't have this piece and the hose attaches directly to the head. There was a coolant line from my m42 head that was blocked off and I thought maybe this took the place of the secondary line of the outlet flange. Does anyone remember where the little 1/2" line off the rear outlet flange goes?
So do you still have the m42 head on your car? Did you have anymore problems with the car? Let me know bc Im having the same issue