View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 07:33 PM   #9
m3outtanowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceyx
1. Why does he want to trade? It's entirely possible that it's an even trade, maybe not monetary value alone but for some other reason that makes it even.
You were right! his car may have only had 80k miles and a 1996...but it was crap. The rear seats were hard as a rock. The transmission was speed shifted its whole life. And there was a rust patch in the rear passenger fender well. Ran great but was ugly inside. Wood accents, broken flip out radio (he said was 500 dollars), seats were electric and didnt go down. All in all i would have done an even trade. But he wanted 4 grand on top of the Ti! So, when he told me that; i shook his hand and left.

Then when it was his turn to test my car- I wanted to kill him! He revved it out in 1st gear through 3rd. Speed shifted 4th abd 5th. Then on the decel he dropped 5th into 2nd. It didnt hit the rev-limiter but rose to 6,500 before he hit the clutch. I nicely asked if he would pull over and i drove us back to the meeting spot. The guy was a comp[lete moron. Sorry for this post.

"TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE."