Thread: 318ti in 3D!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2003, 07:07 PM   #1
ElementalFiend

Hey, i'm not new here but this is a newly registered name, my other name was TrickedBMW and you can delete it if you like.

Anyways, I just wanted to offer my help and services on this site and show off a bit of my ti related work. First off, a little about myself...

I am 20 and am attending the Art Institute of Phoenix to get my bachellors in Game Art & Design. My passion is games and cars, so well, i'm mixing them together! I am halfway through with my schooling and I have just now gotten to a point where I can confidently model things in 3D. Can anyone guess what my first model was? That's right, my 318ti. Well, at least what I would like for it to look like.

So far, that I am aware of, there is only ONE game that has the ti in it! Gran Turismo 2 for the Playstation One. And to make it even worse it's a 323ti, not a 318ti, i didn't even know they made a 323ti, is it a european thing or did the people just mess up?? I modded it, in game, as best as I could and I think you can get somewhere around 500hp out of the car but all it does it spin tires at that point. So I am wanting to introduce the 318ti into a video game at some point in my career and make it worthy of the name!

That is my mission and i have already started. I've modeled and textured a 318ti in 3D Studio Max and it is about 95% complete. Currently I am putting finishing touches on the car and creating an environment that I can animate the car racing through.

So, i'll post some pictures here of my work and of my real car, the inspiration. Also, I'd like to offer my services (completely free of course) to steven to create graphics and anything else you'd like for your website. I work in 3D and 2D and I could probably do most anything with enough time, so feel free to use me as a resource for any sort of graphics you might dream of, you deserve it for keeping this place going. I'll also work with anyone else that would like some help in making custom graphics for whatever.

Without further postponement, here are the pictures of my work/car:

Here are a few renders of the environment as it stands at this moment:

Here are some pictures of my ti (Safety Orange!) and some of my buddies cars with the car club i am in Midnight Performance Racing.

I know you're wondering what happened to the front of the car, two words, Oldsmobile=Tank

Thanks for looking and if anyone should like to take me up on my offer e-mail me at Azrielthenecromancer@yahoo.com, or message me on AIM at ElementalFiend