View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #6
teen ti

Vehicles

about a year ago i was toying with the idea of selling (now is) my ti so i chalked her up on craigslist for $5k knowing full well the car wasn't worth that but was much closer to $3-3.5k. I put the ad up going on about stuff that made it seem better than it actually was. For example, I stated that unlike the rest of the E36 line the ti came with a semi-trailing arm suspension, which of course we all know its the older suspension used in the E30. I basically just made the car sound different and people bought it, thinking it was actually worth a bit more than it was. I admit i used questionable tactics in my ad but if someone asked about it i was completely honest with them and if they knew their stuff i was more than happy to negotiate. I even got a guy to offer me 4k cash on the spot for the car but i couldn't sell it to him, i knew he was gonna beat it into the ground and couldn't sentence my baby to such a fate. what I'm trying to say is people really need to do proper research before buying and selling their cars, and its scary to see what some dealers get away with.

teen ti is offline   Reply With Quote