View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #9
indiejack

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by J!m View Post
4 cyl compressor and mount bracket are totally different. I think even the belt is a different size...

My experience indicates the compressor, mount, lines, pulley and belt all must come from a six cylinder car. I used M3 parts in my case (on M roadster/M3 engine), but the 328 parts are most likely the same, and therefore most likely will work fine.

M Roadster compressor, bracket and lines are also different and also not compatible with te ti.
I used a different idler but that was it. Not sure if there's a difference between the M42/44 but with a little adjustments I kept my air system as the M50 I received was put into an E30 cabrio with the intention of drifting but that never came to fruition for the former owner. He had stripped a lot of parts he deemed "unnecessary" in that process, getting the proper oil pan was the biggest deal for me at that point.

That said, the AC was the one thing that didn't actually go wrong for me to date.

http://rivalhousegarage.com/rival-forumsig.jpg
indiejack is offline   Reply With Quote