View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 05:37 AM   #1
indiejack

Vehicles
Default Replaced bad starter and still nothing

So now what? After a hell of an ordeal getting the upper and lower intake manifold off and out of the way we had direct access to pull the starter and get it tested. Test concluded that it was shot so I picked up a replacement at the auto parts store, it was late by then so we figured we'd reassemble the following day (today). Hooked everything back up, no wire left unplugged and no bolt or screw left as I'm meticulous about organizing as I pull parts off.

Turned the key and get a clicking on some relays and the lower dash is pulled for both passenger and drivers side, one of the smaller relays clicks on the drivers side (not the longer Starter Immob. one). The radio says CODE on it and I tried to put in the code, several times with one my wife said was in our owners documentation (not sure where she got the number, it was not right as I found the right one after trying several times to put in the wrong one). Could this be keeping the EWS in check and not allowing the car to even crank? I did read in the Owners Manual that if the incorrect code is entered that the key & radio need to remain on for one full hour before the code can be re-entered properly.

Hopefully somebody knows whatever it is I may be overlooking (or forgetting) as I'm anxious to get her back on the road.

http://rivalhousegarage.com/rival-forumsig.jpg
indiejack is offline   Reply With Quote