View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
airborneSGT

Default BMW...stay or go

Ok so here is the deal...I have been living in Germany for two years. While I thought it would be the promise land of awesome parts and "cheap" BMW's I have been somewhat disappointed in that aspect. Sure you can pick up a vast number of excellent examples, but all spec. for only here :-( I am not sure if the cost of converting to American spec is worth it in many cases.

So now to the point....I can only bring one car back for free and I am not sure if I want to bring my Ti back stateside. Don't get me wrong. The Ti has been great on gas and on the Autobahn cruises easily at 100mph. From 60-100 mph its a very fast car. I have been from München, Berlin, Leipzig and all points in between with no issues.

However, now with a family on the way it might be time for something more along the lines of a four door. For some reason we don't get the 118d in America (trust me this is an awesome car) which would be my ideal choice.

The Ti has been a great car and not that bad to work on. It has even hauled my drums and amplifiers for gigs all over. I just am not sure it will be the greatest baby hauler.
airborneSGT is offline   Reply With Quote