View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #15
showaski

Hey John, yes it is the one out of Orlando. I've been meaning to message you to ask you some questions about the waste gate spring. It seems that it needs a stronger spring. I'll send you a message soon. I'm sorry to hear about the divorce by the way.

My wallet is already taking a hit on maintenance. I had to replace the rear right CV axle, and wheel bearings. It ran me close to $600 with parts and labor.

Long story short ... I originally stopped at a Firestone to check for imbalance on the front wheels & tires. Instead, they ended up finding at least a 1/4 inch vertical and horizontal play in my rear right wheel. The wheel bearing was completely shot. The mechanic couldn't put it back together with the old axle. The threads on the axle stub were stripped. This was before I found the blown fuse. I'm really glad Firestone caught this for me before it resulted in a serious consequence on the road.

I'm still pin pointing the oil leaks. A lot of it is coming from blow by fumes like JohnBoy said. There is quite a bit of oil in and around the MAF. I noticed some of it may even be coming from the wastegate's opening (used for open dump tube). My guess it that the seals on the turbo are going bad.

Last edited by showaski; 11-08-2013 at 04:34 PM.
showaski is offline   Reply With Quote