View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 02:14 AM   #1
bird67

Default PIX ADDED!!! New ti owner saying hello

I wasn't sure where to introduce myself, but Administrator's welcome message says Lounge...so here I am. BMW past history: e30 convertible, e36 convertible, e46 xiT (all manual transmisisons). BMWs currently: e36/7 coupe, e46 xi, and now...e36 ti. My son is off to his second year of college. I had told him he could have his mom's old Toyota wagon this year. Lame...but he's a good kid and was grateful to have it. He's away for the summer...and while he's been away I've been scouring the internet looking for something a bit more interesting. I found my '98 318ti in Virginia. One owner, originally from Arizona and Texas, Virginia for last 11 years. Original papers, manuals, keys. Well kept. 140k miles. Black exterior, dove interior. I can't tell you which model ti. Manual transmission. I bought it sight unseen, flew down, and drove it home (700 miles). Mechanically it needs nothing, I may put a new alternator in it as it still sports the original. Computer says I was getting 40 mpg all the way home at 70 mph, math says it was darned close to that. Upgrades so far: - installed an new headliner (material from fabric store), a-pillars and sunroof motor cover. Removed, cleaned, recovered and reinstalled sunroof. - Installed DICE iPod adaptor (removed it from my z3, I rarely used it) and ran the wiring into the glove box. - Exchanged c33 for cd43 I had sitting on my shelf. - Exchanged 4 spoke steering wheel for 3 spoke M wheel. I had an extra set of tabs (red!) that I painted the bronze-beige accent color to match the interior. - Installed euro headlights with glass covers and HID low beams, 4300k color, no angel eyes. - Had the local Dent Wizard work his wizardry on the few dings. Still to go: - airbag light (pre-dated the new steering wheel) - buff crud off the wheels - treat the paint to some clay and buff CAN'T WAIT to pick my son up at the airport in this car in two weeks! It will be nighttime, and my other two bmw's are also black, so I am curious how long it will be before he notices! And then to find out it's for him to take to school....ahh. Priceless. YES: I KNOW THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS. I will post them this weekend (at my indy getting inspection sticker tomorrow).

Last edited by bird67; 07-18-2010 at 10:56 PM.
bird67 is offline   Reply With Quote