View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 11:58 PM   #4
Bluebimma

OMG, it was a horrid install. Nothing lined up, nothing fit without a big hammer, i had to machine the sway endlinks to fit, and the alignment wont be correct because the arms arent even straight......

JUST KIDDDDDDING

Easiest and simpliest install ive done in a long time. I went in at 2:30PM and left at 7:00pm after doing this full kit, a thermostat, coolant flush, plugs and boots, wheel balancing, and an alignment. Everything mated and matched up perfectly. The arms have an update of less webs, for durabilty, ball joints are OE spec, not solids (big whoop), control arm bushings went in like they were made to fit...o wait, they were made to fit, endlinks went on perfectly, and the alignment is SPOT on.

I also installed my ACS strut bar to mate up with the xbrace and ///M Suspension alignment and it feels very good.

Ive driven and only owned meyle parts and must say, too much hype IMO. The PO of my Moreagrun ti installed them 2000 miles before i bought the car, ive driven it another 40k, and both outers were shot....the solid joints. Tie rods were OE and one was getting loose. The LCABS were OE and torn after those 40k as well. Honestly, i see no point in installing these other, so called, much better quality parts when they will wear just as much as OE.

If you want to install these parts, ill stand behind them and only time will tell how long they last. For 175$ shipped, its a good buy to get off worn out and dangerous parts. My ti had been neglected and the lcabs werent even attached, they just bounced in there, the drivers side arm had a very slight bend to it, and both outers were showing some marginal play. All is better now, for me.

1998 Schwartz II sport 318ti - M50TUB25/5
Bluebimma is offline   Reply With Quote