View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 12:02 AM   #182
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

Once I got both door panels off so I could compare the two mechanisms, all appears to be OK. I could tell that the drivers side had been replaced because it had 4 bolts where the passenger side had still had rivets. Another clue that it had been replaced was the drill bit fragment, and what looks like rivet fragments hiding in the bottom of the door. LOL

The only "unusual" thing I spotted was that on the driver door (the one that dropped) the rear guide track lining had slid down about 4-5 inches. I don't know if that was the cause of the problem, or happened when the glass fell. So, I slid that back into place, cleaned out the aluminum channels a little, and added a bit of teflon bearing grease that I had lying around. I also ordered 4 of the plastic sliders from Tisher @ $2.32 each. The local dealer wanted $9 each! No wonder he had "a drawer full of them." LOL I'll replace the 2 sliders on the driver door and put the panel back on later.

I got lucky with the door panels too, only one came off of the panel, one is loose, and none were broken. :-)

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote